Monday, June 19, 2006

 

Weekend outing


















This weekend I went to the National Museum. The first picture is of me with a statue in of a monkey god in the garden. I was thinking the museum would fill my entire afternoon. I soon found out it only took about 45 minutes to go through. I guess most of the good cultural artifacts were destroyed during the Khmer Rouge. The second picture is of the UNESCO building. It is a very fine French colonial style building.

On Sunday, it rained for 3 hours. This means the roads around me were completely flooded. I waited a few hours for the water to go down, but to no avail. Going 1/2 block north, south, east, or west, I was up to a foot of water. This sounds like no big deal, but keep in mind there are often holes in the street large enough for a grown man to fall into. I thought would skirt the water but hugging the sidewalks but soon realized that with the rains, came an overflow of the sewers! I turned around, showered, and ate at home. I learned to keep food on hand just for these monsoon emergencies! Good thing I just did a big shop!

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?